Sunday, October 25, 2020

American History Bucket List of Places to Visit

 

Last night, we finished reading the last lesson from Our Star-Spangled Story, an elementary history curriculum published by Notgrass History.  This has been one of my most favorite curriculum choices so far!  Mrs. Charlene Notgrass and two of her daughters co-wrote the lessons and did a beautiful job talking about important people, places, and events of American History (both well-known and lesser-known) and adding in biblical values and perspective.  I highly recommend this curriculum!

Not long after beginning the curriculum, I began making a map of historical places I'd like to visit someday.  I used the OSSS textbooks as a reference for places to visit and added in others as I thought about them or discovered they existed.

I'm not sure what this is going to look like after I publish this post, but below is supposed to be an embedded version of the map I created.  If you have any places to add, I would love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. Love your map! We hope you have lots of fun exploring those places. Thanks for sharing about your experience with Notgrass History.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very sweet! Thank you so much. I love that you want to go all those places. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Recommended Book: 8 Great Smarts

 I can’t praise this book enough! 8 Great Smarts by Kathy Koch Your child IS smart!!